Monday, January 23, 2012

A Week In Our Lives | The Out-takes

We have had so many hilarious moments here this week, that I thought it would be fun to start out this week with a laugh.


First, though, Ian is now 4 months old. He is wearing 3-6 and 6 month clothes. He managed to roll over the other day, but hasn't tried it again. His body has the most accurate, built in clock because regardless of what is going on or what he is doing, at exactly the 2 1/2 hours he wakes up or let's us know he is ready to eat without delay.
Today is his 4 month appointment.... complete with shots. I cannot wait to see how much he weighs!


Oh, Miss Addie! Where do I even begin! How about this little bit from yesterday. While I was feeding Ian, I heard Addie begin crying in her room. I rushed over to her to see what was wrong. Her nose was pink and the ters were streaming. She said that the wall hit her nose. I kiss the nose, calmed her down and went back to feed Ian. A few minutes later, Brian came out of our bedroom looking for me.

"Did you hear everything that happened in there?" he asked.

I couldn't figure out what he meant because I had just come from her room.

"I heard everything that happened in her room before you went in. I was listening through the monitor." He then went on to tell me that right before the crying started, Addie had been singing (and probably acting out) "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed......" And that is how the wall hit her nose.

Last Sunday, she and I had some girl time together. We went to Bealls department store and did some shopping. While I was in the dressing room trying on some clothes, guess who had to go to the potty! And she was very serious! I don't think I have ever changed my clothes so fast. I didn't even bother putting my socks back on, I just tossed them into my purse. I left all of the clothes on the floor in the dressing room, picked Addie up, and ran through the store for the bathroom. Addie burst into laughter and shouted, "Mommy, this is a fun ride!" Fellow shoppers were looking at us and smiling (she insisted on wearing her penguin hat so she looked adorable). We made it to the bathroom in time and no accidents happened. On our way back to the dressing room, Addie asked me if I could pick her up again and run. I didn't happen.


Our garbage collection day was changed and we were never informed. Because of the confusion and change of time for the actual pick up, Brian decided to put out the trash the night before. He came to the bathroom where I was helping Addie brush her teeth and told me that he had already taken care of the garbage.

"Good job!" I told him in my sweetest, Mommy-mode voice.

He did a double take in my direction, smiled and said, "You really need some more adult interaction. Do I get a sticker, too?"

2 comments:

  1. Your new family picture is gorgeous! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that comment from your husband is hilarious! Definitely something mine would say, I think. =) I love hearing the "outtake" stories like this.... keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails