Friday, January 20, 2012

Craft Time and Bumblebees

I have really working on incorporating a regular craft time into our day. Addie really looks forward to that time.... and I am learning how to relax.... a little.

My aunts know that Addie is a real craft time lover. so they have given us craft type projects as gifts for Christmas. One craft was this Dora Sticker Mosaic (the Boots mosaic is pictured). Addie worked on this project patiently and worked hard at sticking the stickers in their correct places. Brian and I took turns peeling the stickers off of the sheets for her. (Excuse the silly face. We were being a bit goofy at the time. Don't you wish you were almost 4 sometimes?)



I have been on Pintrest for almost a  month now and have found so many wonderful ideas for craft time, the home, recipes, and more!

One craft that was found and pinned by my friend Kristi was this footprint bumblebee.

Yesterday, Addie and I pulled out the paints, dressed her in one of Daddy's t-shirts, and had some fun. Of course, I didn't want Ian to be left out, so I painted his foot, too (He couldn't understand why I was holding his foot and not letting him kick his feet however he wanted to- hence the smudged toes.)


While we were waiting for the paint to dry in between steps, I let Addie finger paint. This was really a test for me and my resolve to relax and just have fun with the paint.


Although I can't be 100% positive, I'm pretty sure that clean up was pretty fun for her too. I filled the bathroom sink with soap bubbles and warm water and let her play as she washed her hands.

The Bumble Bee footprints will be going into my Project Life album so I can look back at the end of this year and years to come and see the sizes that Addie and Ian's footprints were in January 2012. The finger painting will live on the fridge for about a week.

Thankfully, paint only comes out once a week!

2 comments:

  1. Addie you are so lucky to have such a fun mommy! Thanks mommy suzette, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did these crafts and games forever with my girls when they were young....it ended up helping them so much in high school and college.. and who would have ever known that...helping them be more creative is a huge plus!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails