Monday, February 6, 2012

This Week.......

......bathing my little man became a challenge as he learned to lean forward to try to grab his toes. And because he is all delicious pudge, all I had to work with was a ball of wiggles and rolls.


.......award patches were passed out in Awana. However, because it was a spur of the moment thing and they wanted to be sure to give all of the kids some of their awards, Addie was given two of her workbook patches. It was also show your team spirit night. And being the Bucs supporters that we are, Addie wore her Bucs cheerleading outfit for the last time. You can get away with a 3T outfit as long as leggings are involved! 

......we had a new teacher at the library. I liked her. But my favorite part of the story time was how excited Addie was. She went and sat right in front of the teacher (all of the other kids stayed back), answered questions, and smiled at the teacher the whole time.


.....at the library, they had to make a little poster saying what they wanted to be when they grew up. Addie cut out pictures of a mommy and stuck them on her paper and then she started drawing. I asked her what she was making. "A boat!" she said. I reminded her that she was suppoed to draw or cut out pictures of what she wanted to be when she grew up. "I want to be a boat!" Later, she told Grandma that she wanted to ride in a boat. I'm still trying to figure out where the whole boat thing came from.

Then we went to McDonald's with Grandma for lunch and played on the equipment outside. There was a little girl who was only two and was a bit nervous about playing on the jungle gym. I told Addie to take the little girl with her. Addie began talking to her in baby-talk and the two of the disappeared in the tunnels.

A few minutes later, Addie came down the slide... alone. "Where's the little girl?" I asked. "Oh, I left her." Gulp! The little girl came down the slide a bit nervous, and we tried it again. I told Addie not to leave the little girl. A few minutes later, both little girls came down the slide. "Mommy, I didn't left her. She followed me!"


Brian stayed home on Tuesday. Ian woke up for his first feeding and Addie came into our room. Within a few minutes they were both snuggling with their Daddy and watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." And that's what the best mornings are made of.

2 comments:

  1. Addie-dear, you look darling in your new birthday ruffle shirt...it's so cute on you, especially with the braids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's our favorite top on her!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails