Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Working on the Albums

For Addie's birthday, I had all of her albums out on the buffet table for our guests to look through and enjoy. As I was putting them back, I got that sinking feeling that Addie had so many albums of her and I hadn't worked on Ian's album since the last scrapbook day I had been to when he was a couple of months old. The last page in his book is of our family and friends at the hospital welcoming him into the world.

Just when I began to feel overwhelmed, I saw this video by Becky Higgins (creator of Project Life) and I became excited about the possiblities! I became  excited because not only was I behind, but even the professional scrapbookers are in the same boat as I am! She is working her way through three children. Her baby, who is now three, doesn't even have a scrapbook put together yet.

I also loved the fact that although I had made beautiful, elaborate pages for Addie's albums, I didn't have to do the same for Ian's albums. I can make them as simple or complicated as I want them to be. The most important thing is that I document his memories and then put them together for him.

If you are finding yourself in the same boat as me, or want some ideas on how to make a scrapbook for your children, or want to make sense of all of the photos and memorabelia you have from your children, take a look at this video. And then be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails