Monday, April 16, 2012

Highlights From This Past Week

 It has been a great week. Busy. But great.

I am gearing myself up for some projects I would like to complete around here. More on those at a later date.

For now, how about having a look at some of my favorite photos from the week (considering that you have already seen the Easter photos).

We had two and a half school days this week. I made the mistake of having school on Monday after a full weekend, no naps, and one late night. It was rough on both of us. Mental note: It is okay to take a day off right after a busy weekend.


She was back to her silly self in no time. That is what a good nap will do for a little body. It will do that for big bodies, too, if I ever get a chance to sleep in the middle of the day.


We've been practicing Ian's ability to sit up. I brought out Addie's Elmo bed, stuffed it into the corner of the two couches, and lined up pillows on both sides so if he falls over he lands on something soft and squishy.


Laundry. I don't know where it comes from or how it multiplies so quickly. This is only one of my loads, and I do one load per day. I think it's good to take pictures of loads of laundry. One day, when the kids are grown, married, and gone my loads will be much smaller and I will miss these small clothes. It will be nice to look back at what used to be.


Our Asian Lily. We bought and planted this last year when we redid our landscaping. Addie has taken a personal interest in this flower. She keeps saying that it is for Grandma Ana. I'm not looking for any deep meaning behind her interest. I just think it is sweet that she has decided that this flower is for my mom.


Grandpa continues to visit and Addie continues to be his shadow. As he was leaving a few weeks ago, he told Addie, "You're my best friend." She looked at him, smiled, and said, "Aunt Faye is my best friend." He laughed and called my sister Faye within the next couple of days to tell her. She sits next to him at dinner and has to constantly touch his arm. Sometimes she even holds his hand while they eat. It works out perfectly that she is a lefty and he is a righty.


We have finished our VeggieTales: 365 Bedtime Devos for Girls and are now using Little Girl's Bible Storybook for Fathers and Daughters. Bud and I wait until Daddy and Addie are finished with thier devotions before joining them. I love how the daily lessons have Brian share a story from his childhood with Addie that coincides with the lesson for that day, especially since she is in that "Tell me about when your were a little boy/girl" stage. The other day she told Brian, "I love how you read!" (Melt my heart!)


And this, folks, is my favorite photo from the week! First of all, it's my favorite because they are my two favorite children in the whole wide world, and I think they are beautiful. But then.... (I can't keep from smiling and laughing out loud when I look at this one) Ian is trying to grab Addie's stuffed kitten (her prize from Daddy for doing so well at the dentist) AND he is trying to look so innocent about it. Addie is moving the kitten out of his reach and has this look of, "Mom, it's okay. I know he's a baby.... but seriously?"


Looking forward to a wonderful week this week and our first field trip with our homeschool group to an alpaca farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails