Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life Lessons | Proverbs 31:26


She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Are there any women in your life that come to mind when you read this verse?

I know of a few, but first and foremost was my mother.

She was a woman of great wisdom, who couseled other women concerning their marriages, children, and their spiritual growth.

But she was also a faithful instructor. Younger women in our church would approach her for discipleship. She led women's Bible studies which grew in numbers. I was blessed to have her teaching on a daily basis and left our family's home with a strong spiritual foundation of my own because of her faithful instruction.

As I go through my days teaching Addie and Ian, I often remember my mother and the hours of teaching she put into me and my sister, Faye. Anytime she saw a teachable moment, she took it. She taught us about God's Word and how to apply it to our lives on a daily, moment by moment basis. She taught us about life and how to approach it from a Biblical perspective. She taught us about womanhood and how to be a woman that pleased and honored God. She taught us what we needed to know about being a wife and mother in the future.

There are days when my patience runs thin and I ask myself why I am putting so much effort into teaching my children (because frankly, sometimes it seems like I am teaching and no one is listening), and then I remember my mother and her faithfulness in instructing us, and I realize that God just requires me to be faithful in instructing my little ones and He will take care of the rest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails