Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life Lessons | Proverbs 31:26


She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Are there any women in your life that come to mind when you read this verse?

I know of a few, but first and foremost was my mother.

She was a woman of great wisdom, who couseled other women concerning their marriages, children, and their spiritual growth.

But she was also a faithful instructor. Younger women in our church would approach her for discipleship. She led women's Bible studies which grew in numbers. I was blessed to have her teaching on a daily basis and left our family's home with a strong spiritual foundation of my own because of her faithful instruction.

As I go through my days teaching Addie and Ian, I often remember my mother and the hours of teaching she put into me and my sister, Faye. Anytime she saw a teachable moment, she took it. She taught us about God's Word and how to apply it to our lives on a daily, moment by moment basis. She taught us about life and how to approach it from a Biblical perspective. She taught us about womanhood and how to be a woman that pleased and honored God. She taught us what we needed to know about being a wife and mother in the future.

There are days when my patience runs thin and I ask myself why I am putting so much effort into teaching my children (because frankly, sometimes it seems like I am teaching and no one is listening), and then I remember my mother and her faithfulness in instructing us, and I realize that God just requires me to be faithful in instructing my little ones and He will take care of the rest.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post, because frankly, many days it feels like no one is listening, is so true and such a real feeling...but then you have days when you go to the beach and you hear your kids say to the waves, calm down waves be calm, wait...only Jesus can calm the waves...and you realize, wow, they ARE listening!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails