Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fantasy Football Draft 2012

Saturday at 10:00 a.m. was our annual Fantasy Football Draft.


My home that I love is completely rearranged and turned into a "War Room" for a few hours as the "team owners" buy players.



I cannot even begin to tell you how seriously Fantasy Football is taken!


You would think they actually own these teams!

This year both kiddos were in the thick of things. Addie sat right at the table (next to her "Vi-toria") and worked on her jewelry kit that we picked up the night before. Ian napped, was held by me, and was also passed around. He loved it!


I did my thing- played hostess. I refilled coffee cups and orange juice cups. Made sure everyone had enough to eat. Made four pots of coffee. (Considering that our Victoria had gotten four hours of sleep the night before due to the evening Bucs game the night before, my "little" cousin Anthony getting two hours of sleep, and Brian barely sleeping, I had to keep them caffinated for this intense event.)

We also enjoyed getting to spend a little extra time with my younger cousin who was off to college the following day. He was way shorter and 10 years old when he was in our wedding. Now he towers over us.


I think our favorite part of the draft was knowing that despite the draft being over at 1:00 p.m., everyone felt so comfortable at our home that some stayed until 4:30 that afternoon.

I want a home that people just feel welcomed to stay for as long as they want... rearranged or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails