Thursday, August 16, 2012

Full Swing

Our fall schedule has kicked into high gear.

On Sunday, our church moved into its new 3 service schedule, which meant that both Brian and I were involved in some form of "active duty". We taught our Sunday school class (4 &5 year olds) and Brian ushered for one of the services.

On our way home, we were both yawning and Ian fell asleep before we left the church parking lot, but we both agreed that we felt great about serving again. Needless to say, the entire family took a nap that afternoon.

Homeschooling has been going full throttle for the last 3 weeks. I have decided to have school 4 days a week. So far it is working really well. Addie is doing very well and I couldn't be more proud of her. She has had some homework.... on days when she doesn't finish her assignments with me during our allotted time (seriously, if you don't give time limits, writing 2 rows of the number 5 could take all day!). When that happens, she and Brian sit at the dining room table after he comes home from work to finish her homework. It really is cute.

Last night was our first night back in Awana. It was good to be back. I have four of my "old" kids back and four new ones. Wednesdays are certainly busy for us, but Addie and I both look forward to our Awana time. And next year, Ian will be an  Awana Puggle! Addie keeps telling us that Ian is going to look so cute in his Puggles t-shirt.

And, of course, you can't have fall without having football. Brian's annual Fantasy Football Draft is on Saturday, Lord willing. Once again, we are hosting it (Brian is the commissioner and the guys always leave feedback on how they enjoy it ever year). I am looking forward to it. Instead of pizza and soda, like we usually do, we are doing more of a brunch. Breakfast pastries, quiche and fruit, coffee, orange juice, and flavored creamer.

Busy. Yes. And if you have followed me for any length of time, you know that "busy" is not my thing. But it is working, God has really given me a handle on things, everything is getting done, and I still have time to relax in the evenings with Brian.

Yes, fall is in full swing.

1 comment:

  1. such a cute family!

    Have a lovely day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails