Friday, August 10, 2012

Looking Back at the July List and Forward to August

Here is my accomplished list for July. I didn't scratch off everything (I'm notorious for biting off more than I can chew and being completely unrealistic in the expectations I put on myself), but there is always August..... and I am starting to be okay with that.

But, hey, 15 out of 26 items is not that bad. I also ended up doing projects that were not on the list, like organizing the kitchen cabinets and helping Brian when our washing machine flooded our laundry room and entry way.
  1. Clean out office (began, but didn't finish)
  2. Purge scrapbook stuff (in office)
  3. Purge bookshelf (in office)
  4. Begin planning and "designing" kids' room decor (in the works in my head.... more to come as I complete little parts of it..... no sneak peeks :)
  5. Gather and edit photos for the past few weeks (family album)
  6. Catch up on Addie's album (May and June)
  7. Do a little work on Ian's album (want to have his completed first year by his birthday)
  8. Purge Addie's drawers
  9. Deep clean bathrooms
  10. Clean bathroom cabinet fronts
  11. Clean kitchen cabinet fronts
  12. Google how to fix an ice maker
  13. Scrub baseboards close to front door
  14. Spot clean carpets (going to be a running item with small children in the house)
  15. Clean out my closet (Thanks, Brian, for actually doing this one)
  16. Take stuff to the consignment shop
  17. Make pom-poms for Addie's room
  18. Order tissue paper to make decorative pom-poms for Ian's birthday in his colors (Brian's not on board with this idea so we are scratching it out. Hey, one less thing for me to do!)
  19. Frame cross-stitched pictures for Ian's room
  20. Look online for a consignment shop for "home-type" things
  21. Find pattern for sofa throw pillows
  22. Make coffee filter wreath
  23. Make a new dessert for the family
  24. Clean the blinds in two of the rooms
  25. Organize my dresser drawers
  26. Begin planning Ian's first birthday party
Here is my list for August.
  1. Clean out office (must finish!)
  2. Clean out office closet
  3. Purge scrapbook stuff (in office)
  4. Purge bookshelf (in office)
  5. Catch up on Addie's album (May, June, and July)
  6. Work on Ian's album 
  7. Make pom-poms for Addie's room
  8. Frame cross-stitched pictures for Ian's room
  9. Make coffee filter wreath
  10. Make a new dessert for the family
  11. Clean the blinds in two of the rooms
  12. Organize my dresser drawers
  13. Work on fixing the ice maker
  14. Plan Ian's bithday party (which has it's own list)
Did you notice how much smaller my list for August is! I couldn't help but laugh when I realized that. Considering that my plate is now completely full, I have to be more realistic as to how much I can give myself to do.

But I do love my lists, and I absolutely love crossing things off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails