Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Quick Wit

I am always amazed at my daughter's quick wit and her ability to know just what to say at just the "right" moment......

One of her favorite movies right now is "The Lorax." (I found out on our ride to the farm the other day that she can recite the entire first scene from memory! And we haven't seen it in over a week! She is ready with 6 verses for her Awana teacher tonight. This girl has a memory!)

One of the most "famous" quotes from the movie is, "I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees."

The other day we were having a talk about some of her behavior while I had a guest over. For some reason (that I still don't understand), I ended the conversation with, "I am your mother...."

"....and you speak for the trees," she piped in.

Sometimes correcting her is impossible to do with a straight face.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails