Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Proverbs 31: 31

Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Here we are. The last verse of Proverbs 31.

I look back at this woman that we have studied for so many months, and I know that I have a lot of work to do. No matter how much I do in one area, I know I have other areas that are lacking. I know that if I keep asking the Lord for grace and help, He will help me to be the woman that my husband and children need me to be.

It seems like a lot of work.

It is a lot of work.

And for many of us, there is no paycheck every Friday for working harder than we ever did in the work force.

But there is a reward!

God says that we are earning our reward and that our works will praise us in the city gates.

The city gates for us would probably refer to our circle of influence and recognition from those who are considered "the elite."

But that is not why we do what we do.

For me, right now, my reward is hearing my daughter say that she wants to be a mommy and not a doctor when she grows up (because she doesn't understand that she can be both) and that she loves me "40-90-75-23-90-50-68-25-19! That's a lot of love!" (You really have to love their made up numbers.) My reward is hearing Brian brag about me and what I do here at home to others. My reward is having my baby boy sit up, kiss me on the cheek, lay back down next to me and then start all over again.

This will not be the end of my friendship with Mrs. Proverbs 31. It's just the beginning. I plan to meet with her for a cup of coffee quite often to compare notes and get encouragement and even some conviction so that one day I will finally be just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails