Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful | Brian

I am so very thankful for my husband, Brian. He is a godly man with such an honorable heart.
 
I am thankful for the leader that he is in our home.
 
I am thankful that he is such an involved father in the lives of his children. I do not have to parent alone. He jumps right in once he is home and helps with diapers, bath time, bed time, and homework (yes, Addie's teacher gives her homework occasionally!).
 
 
I am thankful that he is such a hard worker so that I can stay home with the children. Many times when I am asked if am still teaching and I respond with "I am at home with the kids, and I home school my daughter," I get the, "You're lucky you're able to do that" response. I am not lucky. I am blessed to have a husband who is willing to work hard so that we can live on one income.

 
I am thankful that Brian values "our time" together. Once the kids are in bed for the evening, Brian and I have our set aside time for each other and we spend it together. Early on in our marriage, we decided that we would not be a couple that was married but lived their own lives. We do have freedom to do our own things (a day or evening out with the guys/girls), but that is not our "normal." 

 
I am thankful that the words "Brian" and "pride" do not belong in the same sentence (except for this sentence......). Recently, he was asked to be a deacon in our church (which is a great honor, no matter what church you attend). Brian turned it down because he wanted to know that he was being asked based on qualities that were seen in him and not because he looks good on paper and there was a need. I think that he proved how qualified he was right there. 

 
I am thankful that Brian is not just my husband, but my friend as well. We can sit and talk about everything and nothing. We can laugh about something that one of us said or did. We can call each other and "chat" forever because we enjoy talking to each other.

 
I am thankful that Brian and I do not have the same personality. He is such a go-with-the-flow, it-will-get-done, relax, don't-worry-so-much type of person. He is the perfect balance for me because I am the exact opposite.
 
I am so thankful for Brian and that God brought us together when he did.
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails