Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful | Addie's Perspective

For the last few weeks, Addie has had some trouble sleeping at night. Our approach to this has been reading her scripture, specifically Psalm 121 which says that God does not slumber. It helps her to know that while she is sleeping, God is awake and watching over her. When she does wake up in the middle of the night and calls for me, she hands me her little pink Gideon's Bible (which she sleeps with now) and asks me to read to her "about God not sleeping".

We have also rephrased a verse for her so that she understands what the verse means as she is quoting it to herself. Rather than, "I lay down and slept, I awake for the Lord sustains me," we have her say, "I lay down and slept. I woke up because God was with me."

Saturday morning as we were cleaning up from breakfast Addie came up and said, "Mommy, God does not fumble." As she went on, I realized that she meant slumber, but I thought about her initial word.

God never drops "the ball" (us and our circumstances). He never slips, he never fumbles. The ball is never intercepted when He has His hands on it. He always runs the ball for a touchdown every time.

She may have made a four year old slip because of what she hears when Daddy has a football game on, but she was so right about God.

I am so thankful for Addie's perspective on everything!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails