Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful | Our Rights

I am thankful that yesterday we had the opportunity to exercise our right to vote and that we had a great experience at the polls (although as I type this I do not know the final outcome).
 
I am thankful that the other voters were so kind and patriotic in their attitudes and demeanor towards each other and that my children did not have to see the ugly side of elections. While standing in line in the parking lot, a pickup truck was getting ready to back up as I was planning to move forward to catch up to the line. The woman behind me ran up to the truck, asked the gentleman to wait as I passed behind him with my stroller and small child, and then made sure that her own husband did not cut me in line since he had already moved forward with the line.
 
 
 
I am thankful for the two most awesome children in the entire world! We waited for about 35-40 minutes to get into the actual voting booth and then it took me a bit to make sure I had all my ducks in a row and could vote without worrying about my munchies. They never fussed, complained, or were loud in any way. Ian did have some things to say, but everyone around just thought he was sweet. Addie played with him and kept him company as I voted.
 

I am thankful for Dunkin Donuts and the time the three of us spent there after voting because my munchies had been so good for such a long time doing absolutely nothing (not easy for a 4 1/2 and 1 year old). The only complaint from a certain little person was that they did not have any red, white, and blue decorated donuts (you know, because we had done all of this for the USA). She did have a point. But her pink frosted and sprinkled donut worked just as well for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails