Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful | Cool Weather

One of my goals for this fall was to spend more time outside with the kids. The beautiful humidity-free weather has made that possible.
 
I am thankful for cooler weather.
 
We have had such good times riding tricycles, coloring with sidewalk chalk, kicking and chasing balls, blowing bubbles, and discovering what grass feels (and unfortunately, tastes) like.
 
 
The photo above was taken right after I noticed Bud chewing on a piece of grass. Thankfully, we do not have our grass chemically treated, so he got to enjoy nature at it's "best."


He is such an explorer and discoverer. He really enjoyed making scratch marks with the chalk. The real art was on his overalls, though. And just before going inside, I caught him trying to taste a piece of chalk. This child will put anything in his mouth! So different from Addie. (Like his hair cut? I finally bought a pair of clippers for him. Ahhhhhhh........ Now if I can only get Brian to let me cut his hair........)

 
Addie was meant to be an outdoor child. She has been loving the time we have spent outside and makes sure we don't skip a day. She doesn't spend any time wondering what to do next. She spends her time trying to do everything she can before it is time to go in. Even if it means doing an activity for one minute and then moving on. She is such a "to-do list" kind of person and she is so intent at keeping her toys "clean".  Hmmmmm...... Where does she get that from?
 
This is another item I can check off my fall list- When the weather gets cooler, intentionally going outside with the kids to spend time playing for at least 30 minutes a day- DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails