Friday, February 22, 2013

Five Years Ago Today......

Taken 4 weeks before delivery- I got bigger!
.... I was extremely huge!

I was wearing a denim maternity skirt, a sleeveless top with a brown shrug over it, and open-toed sandals because my feet couldn't fit into any other shoes. How do I know this? It is just one of those things that I remember.

Because I was only expecting to work one more week and then leave to stay home with Addie, I had volunteered to be the "go-fer" for the teachers at our academy. My class had already been taken over by my replacement during my grevience week, and I felt like I didn't belong there anymore. Our sweet principal had told me to bring a book, find an empty room, and kick my feet up until I had the baby. I loved the offer, but I didn't feel like I deserved a paycheck for that. So he let me run errands for the teachers.

I went up and down the steps making photocopies and returning them, giving students a little extra help, and helping in the school office. Towards the end of the day, my feet were immensely swollen and the mom friends I had made during my ten years at the academy jokingly told me, "You'll be in labor tonight!"

Not quite but my contractions began the following evening at 8:30, and by Sunday at 12:53 p.m. I had had the most precious baby girl in the entire world. You can read that story here.

This weekend we get to celebrate that we have had Addie with us for 5 years! Where has the time gone? One of my greatest blessings is that I have had the priviedge of being home with her through all of those years.

Happy birthday, Addie!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails