Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Okay

If you have followed me for any length of time, you know that I like my house to look just so. I wake up early in the morning to give myself a head start to my day, I end my day making sure the house is ready for the following day. I like getting one load of laundry done per day, and I like when everything has a place and is in its place.

But.....

I am okay when I look over my home and find a set of toy keys sitting on the coffee table where they obviously do not belong.

I am okay when I find a lonely little stuffed toy on the floor in the dining room.

I am okay when I find the matching sister stuffed toy under the coffee table.

I am okay with pink doillie hearts being stuck to my living room wall.

It's okay because I am reminded that I do not live in the pages of a magazine.

I live in real life.

I live in a home with my husband and two small children.

I live in a home that is lived in.

I want my children to know that home is a place where we live and play and grow......

.......and when we are done, we clean up and put our toy keys away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails