Thursday, April 4, 2013

April's Meal Plan

I am loving the meal plan we have been doing for the last two months. It makes dinner time so much easier for me since I am in a sense "batch cooking" and freezing one week's worth of meals, the kitchen stays cleaner, and we are spending less on food than ever before (always a good thing!).

One thing I am finding is that Wednesdays are great for leftovers. Because I have to be out the door with one or both children in tow (depending on Brian's work load that day), cooking that evening would be impossible. We now have fewer leftovers left over, and all of our food is being used.

As mentioned in the past, I plan out two weeks worth of meals and then repeat. We eat the same meal twice in one month, but because there are two weeks between, no one gets tired of a particular meal.

April 1-5

Monday- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a veggie side
Tuesday- Pasta e Fagioli (super easy! Sounds much harder than it is)
Thursday- Past and Sauce
Friday- Baked Ziti

April 8-12

Monday- Broccoli Supreme (Miss Nancy's recipe- my brother-in-law's sweet mother)
Tuesday- Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Thursday- Crock Pot Chicken Chili
Friday- Beef Stew w/ Barley

Repeat for the next two weeks.

Because Brian's birthday is on Thursday the 25th, his requested birthday dinner will be on that day, and we will have the Crock Pot Chicken Chili (originally planned to fall on that day) on Monday the 29th instead. Tuesday the 30th we will have Slow Cooked Mac and Cheese.

As I have said before, this menu is not set in stone, but it does keep me from looking in the pantry and wonder what is for dinner on any given night.

Next month, Lord willing, my meals will be planned strictly from what I already have in the freezer and pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails