Thursday, April 11, 2013

Growing Tomatoes


I am giving it one more try.

I will not be taken down by my non-green thumbs!

We are growing a tomato plant!

But this year, I have a 42 inch secret weapon.

Her name is Addie!

She loves this little plant that my Uncle Johnny gave us.

She gets so excited to go outside and water it every day.

She even sits at the window and watches it because she wants to watch the tomatoes grow.

Daily, she checks to see if there are little yellow flowers growing and if those flowers have grown into tomatoes.

Patience is a virtue we are still learning.

My uncle also gave us some horse manure to use as fertilizer. You would not believe how excited she was to use that on our plant! She was so disappointed that we only get to use that twice a week. I, on the other hand, am very thankful.

Where is Ian in all of this adventure?

He is happily walking up and down the half step into and out of the back porch...... because he wasn't allowed to play in our bucket of fertilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails