Friday, June 21, 2013

Podcasts

I have recently discovered the wonderful world of podcasts thanks to my aunt Alice who first told me about them. (I have the coolest aunts!)

I am such a "background noise" type of person, but I don't like having the TV be the background noise. For me, music (Pandora) or podcasts are the perfect way to add background noise without worrying that I will look up and see my kids "vegging" in front of the TV.

Podcasts range in content. Some are teachings, some feel like you are listening in on a conversation with friends, some are educational. Some are an hour long, some are a two minute shot in the arm. There is something out there for everyone.

My favorite Podcasts right now are from Joyce Meyer (Biblical teaching on practical life), Simple Mom (like sitting down with a cup of coffee and listening to friends talk about life as a mom, wife, and homeschooler with lots of tips and ideas), Focus on the Family, and The Adventures in Odyssey.

There are a whole host of speakers, organizations, and individuals who have podcasts. If you have a particular speaker that you like, check their website to see if they offer podcasts. Many are free although some do charge a fee for a subscription.

What are some of the podcasts you are listening to? Feel free to share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails