Friday, July 26, 2013

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

I knew that boys and girls were different, but until I had one of each I had no idea how different they were.

Take, for example, the way they view a doll house. My daughter plays with it the way it is intended to be played with.

My son, on the other hand, views it as an obstacle course to be conquered.

Even from childhood, the difference between the genders is so evident. It is a difference that needs to be appreciated and guarded. 

This momma is learning to let the differences be and to relax as her boy attempts to conquer each challenge and obstacle that he finds throughout his day.

I'll just tweeze out my grey hairs as I find them.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love this post. I have a little climber too. I'm about to do a second read through of a book that iI loved called, 'the wonder of boys' in the first chapter or so there were a few comments I didn't agree with fully but I am so glad I pushed through because it gave some really great insight about the way boys are wired so differently. The chapter thay talks about how to help them resolve conflict, especially as older children was so interesting because the way girls would do ot and the way we might naturally push/encourage them to do it as mums but girls is very different to the way boys relate and can accept and receive it. I think you would.find it just as fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Chrissie! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely have to look into this book :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails