Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Prayer of Jabez | Your Hand Part 1

"...and that Thy hand might be with me..." 1 Chronicles 4:10

When God's hand is upon you there is no power on earth that can stand in your way. God's hand offers guidance, love, protection, a shield, comfort, care, and hope.

Have you ever thought of God's hand being ever present and ready to be tugged on at any moment?

If you are a mother (or father), you know what it is like to have your child grab your hand. When my Addie or Ian grabs my hand, it fills me with love and that protective feeling, but it also sends me a message. That message can be:
  • I'm taking your hand because I want you to steady me as I twirl around. I'm so happy, but I know that if twirl without holding your hand I'll lose my balance, fall, and my happiness will be gone.

  • I'm taking your hand because I want to spend time with you.

  • I'm taking your hand and pulling you close because I feel like giving you a sudden squeeze of love.

  • I'm taking your hand and hiding behind you because I'm nervous, and I know you'll keep me safe.

  • I'm taking your hand and showing you what I want. It is in a place I can't reach, but you can.

  • I'm taking your hand and showing you what I need. You are strong enough to open the door to the refrigerator to get me the milk that is necessary for my health, growth, and development- or just because I'm thirsty.

  • I'm taking your hand and trying to climb up your leg so you will hold me. I'm sad right now because I have gotten corrected, fallen and hurt myself, or didn't get my way, and I need you to hold me, comfort me, and show me that everything will be all right.
  • I'm taking your hand so you can hold me because I'm too tired to walk on my own.

Do any of these sound familiar to you in the different ways you have of reaching over and taking a hold of God's hand? Doesn't it just fill your heart with love for a God who is so personal that He is always there with His hand?

Don't be afraid to reach out and take a hold of your Father's hand.

You can find the original posting from 2010 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails