Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Organizational Tip- Entry 3

The Garage Pantry: I have mentioned in past posts that Brian had bought some shelving units so that I could keep my non perishables and "extras" in the garage. So today, after I went to Publix (another receipt to be proud of!), I went out there while Addie was watching her Your Baby Can Read DVD and did some organization and putting away of my purchases. In all honesty, this was one job that I did not completely empty the space and then put everything back- it is WAY too hot for that! And because everything is still in its general area (just needed to do some sprucing up and a little bit of rearranging), I just quickly went through, put things in order, and threw away things that had expired (I had cans of baked beans that we had in our pantry back when we first got married! I guess you can tell I'm not a big fan of baked beans:). I still do have sections (like in my kitchen pantry), and everything is in neat rows for easy finding. My groupings are:
  • bath/shower/hygiene
  • breakfast
  • baking/desserts
  • juices
  • cans
  • pasta/sauces
  • sides (dry side dish items in boxes)
  • paper goods (napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, aluminum foil, etc.)
  • cleaning products
  • laundry
The garage pantry now looks great, neat, and orderly, and I have a refreshed memory of what I have out there. I am looking forward to planning next week's dinner menu using some of the items that I "found" in my garage pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails