Friday, June 26, 2009

Thankful...


Psalm 111:1- "Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart, in the company of the upright and in the assembly."

Yesterday was basically an exercise in what was happening at that point in time. And as nice and fun as that can be at times, I think we also need to exercise our thankfulness muscles. It is so easy to let them get weighed down with the day to day cares of life. So today I am going to exercise my thankfulness muscles because God is good all the time.

I am thankful...for the full night of rest and sleep we all had last night.
I am thankful...that for the first time in a week I didn't have to worry about the night time noises in the house because my man was home.
I am thankful...that Brian came home early enough to rest before dinner and that Addie smiled really big when she saw him.
I am thankful...that I had an amazing woman as my mother for 32 years.
I am thankful...for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
I am thankful... for Cream of Wheat (instant variety) that Addie eats for breakfast.
I am thankful...for a sister who has an awesome camera and has always taken such great pictures of us (she took today's pictures for us this morning).
I am thankful...that I have a Bible to read and that I have the ability to read it.
I am thankful...for a dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and sewing machine so I don't have to do any of those things by hand unless I choose to.
I am thankful...for a beautiful, sweet baby girl who is my little companion.
I am thankful...for the progress in Addie's development and that, by the grace of God, she is a happy-go-lucky, healthy 16 month old.
I am thankful...for my wonderful husband who is also my best friend and is such a hard worker and wonderful provider for his family.
I am thankful...for a dad that comes to spend time with us and buys diapers for his granddaughter so we don't have to.
I am thankful...that God has allowed my sister to stay with us, and we are so happy to have her.
I am thankful...for this home that He has made possible for us to buy and live in.
I am thankful...for the friends and family members that God has put in my life to encourage me.
I am thankful...that my dear friend Cathy and her daughter are coming for a visit next week (woohoo!).
I am thankful...for my salvation through the work of Jesus Christ and His death, burial, and resurrection.
I am thankful...that God made me to be who I am, to live the life that He has planned out for me, and to do what He has called me to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails