Friday, October 9, 2009

Lessons From Addie

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth...."

As I told my friend Kristi, I am in awe of the sermons that God speaks to us through our children who have such a limited vocabulary.

On Wednesday, Addie and I went to the grocery store together. As we were wheeling up and down the aisles, she would ask, "What's that?" or in her words "Wa sat?" That is until we came to the dairy aisle. Suddenly, she began sticking her arm up in the air and shouting, "Bible!" ("Bah- bul").

Bible is one of her newest words ever since we began singing the "B-I-B-L-E" song during devotion time. At the end of the song we throw one or both hands into the air and shout "Bible!"

It was then that God showed me that this little one and a half year old could care less what other people thought (if they thought her "appo" and "wa sat?" were cute, why not "Bah-bul"?). She thought the word Bible was an awesome word, and she wanted everyone else to know about it (hey, other people have no shame in saying words that shouldn't even be thought, let alone heard!).

I also realized that she was unashamed of the Word of God. Right now she doesn't know that it is the Power of God unto salvation, she just knows that we get excited at home when we say it.

However, I know what an amazing Book the Bible is (God's Words written down for all of mankind), and I also know that I can either teach my daughter to speak of God's Word with hesitancy or without reservation.

So, the two of us continued on down the dairy aisle saying the word "Bible!", and at that point, I didn't care what anyone else thought either.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you two! That is one thing I never want my kids to be---and that is ashamed of Christ or His Word! I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails