Monday, November 2, 2009

Scratched Some More Off My List




Back in July, I posted here my list of projects to complete before the end of the year. One of my projects was to make an apron with the beautiful vintage looking material my cousin Belinda had given me.

This past Thursday, I decided that I was going to find an easy to make apron with no complicated details. I typed "apron patterns" into my search engine, and a whole multitude of links came up. I found a quick tutorial on A Feathered Nest for making an apron. Then after recording many sewing shows, I mixed the patttern from the tutorial with the directions from one of the shows, and this is the apron I got.

I was so proud of it, I wore it while cooking and then for the rest of the evening. I now have a better understanding of the pattern itself, and, Lord willing, I plan on making a few more in the future.

I can't wait for my next session!

4 comments:

  1. Great sewing project. Not sure if you have Joanne Fabric stores in Florida or not but a lot of times they have Simplicity patterns or McCalls patterns for only .99c that is when I stock up on them. I hate the fact that they are normally $11-$15 each set.

    Terry R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one Suzie! Aprons are one of my downfalls! I love aprons! I always try to get them on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Your encouragement is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Terry, we do have a Joanns down here. Last week they had some amazing sales! I bought my first pair of pinking shears...oh was I excited! I think I need to try out some different patterns. I tend to get up tight when it comes to patterns. I think it has something to do with the being-a-teacher-and-following-the-directions-exactly-as-they-are-written thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails