Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chicken and Rice Bake

Kristi and I are doing a Saturday Recipe Swap series on our blogs that you can look forward to seeing every Saturday, Lord willing.

I thought I would share with you my "go to" recipe for those times when you are pressed for time and need something quick, easy, flavor-filled, and can even be made ahead of time. My daughter, who still has a hard time eating table food, loves the rice part of this meal. It is not my original recipe it is from Campbell's Kitchen, but I have altered the amount of seasoning used. This also works if you need to double the recipe. I do that alot when our family comes over.

One Dish Chicken and Rice Bake

From:Campbell's Kitchen
Prep:5 minutes
Bake:45 min.
Serves: 4

Ingredients

1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water*
3/4 cup uncooked regular long grain white rice
1/4 teaspoon paprika (I actually just sprinkle it on until I am happy with it- way more that 1/4 tsp.)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (same rule applies here that I used for the paprika)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I have used leg quartes, drumsticks, and even chicken breast with the bone and it comes out just fine- just use what you have)

Directions:

Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika, and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish (if you double the recipe, use a much bigger dish. I usually use my largest pyrex when I double the recipe). Top with chicken. Season with additional paprika and black pepper (have fun with it:). Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.

*For creamier rice, increase the water to 1 1/3 cups.

1 comment:

  1. thanks suzette for taking the time to swap! love you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails