Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pa







Proverbs 17:6- Grandchildren are the crown of old men, and the glory of sons is their fathers.

When we see his headlights turn onto the driveway, she runs to the door and looks out the window. When she sees him step out of his car and walk up the walkway, she begins the high pitched I-can't-contain-myself-because-I-am-so-excited-to-see-you squeals and giggles. When the front door opens, she runs into his arms for hugs, kisses, and just to be held. She always has so much to tell him and never runs out of things to say. The other night while I was giving her a bath, I asked her where Grandpa was (he was staying over that night). She smiled and said, "Pa!" So that is now his official name. We went to the office after getting her into her pj's and I asked her who "that" was while pointing at Grandpa. "Pa!" she said with a smile and giggle...and he picked her up, hugged her, and melted.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the joys of seeing grandpa and grandma...priceless! How is it that they can get so excited and be able to express it and bring joy to the grandparents...I'll never know...it's a very special gift grandchildren have!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails