Monday, January 4, 2010

A Story Worth Telling





Okay, so before you read this post, here is the background. I am writing this on January 2nd at 9:15 a.m. (you know me, I like to plan ahead). I am the only one up and about (Brian is awake but in bed- he is very achy from putting all of our boxes in the attic on Friday, and Addie is still asleep- long week, Daddy's been home, family has been in from out of town, Grandpa has stayed over a couple of nights, and her schedule has been broken many times, poor baby. No nap today, so she can get back to her correct sleeping schedule.), so I decided to look back at our pictures from December (I have some major catching up to do on my December Scrapbook and since I got the Adobe Photoshop Elements for Christmas I wanted to see which photos I wanted to play with), and I came across this one.

Addie usually gets up at 7:00-7:15 a.m. to play with Daddy before he goes to work. On this particular morning, Addie was "helping" me in the kitchen to get Daddy's lunch box packed. I had handed her the bag of chips, a couple of granola bars, and a bag of cookies, and she had walked them over to the lunch box/cooler and plopped them in. She can put things up on the counter, so I handed her the mayo and said, "Put this on the counter for Mommy." However, when you are 21 1/2 months (at the time) and you have been putting everything in the cooler, putting something on the counter doesn't quite register. I then handed her the mustard, cold cuts, and then the bread. When I turned around, this is what I found. And, my, was she impressed with herself! Just look at that little smile.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails