Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Life Lessons from Biblical Wives and Parents: The Beginnings of a Series

The other night as I was trying to fall asleep (you know when you are so tired that you can't fall asleep), I began praying and asking God to show me the things He wanted me to learn through my devotions. I believe He answered my request by putting the idea in my heart to start at the Beginning and work my way through His Word looking at the passages I am reading as they relate to marriage and child raising.

Because this series is going to be based on my devotions and what passage I happen to be reading on a particular day, I cannot set the regularity that I will be posting in the series. However, I am sure that as I learn, there will be some lessons that require more than one post and others that may seem shorter in nature. I am also sure that there will be certain passages that I will want to meditate on and chew on for a bit to make sure that I get the most out of each character and passage.

I am using the title Life Lessons from Biblical Wives and Parents because I am looking at the lessons we can learn from the cast of charaters that God in His goodness included in the Bible. As you probably know, there is not one perfect character among them, so I (and you are welcome to join me) will be learning what pitfalls to avoid as a wife and mother, and which qualities I should include in my own life.

Tomorrow is the first installment in this new series. If you want to go ahead and read the chapters I started with, they are Genesis 1-3. I am already seeing from the notes that I took that I will be posting at least two possibly three separate posts on just this passage.

I also want to prepare you for the possibility that there will be some days in the next two months that I will not have a post up. With the up coming shower and wedding, preparations that need to be made, shopping that has to be done, and the general running of our home and doing my job as a wife and mother, I want to make sure that I do not neglect my husband and daughter in any way. Thanks for understanding, and, Lord willing, I'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Suzette, Brian and Addie are so super lucky to have you as a wife and mother. You are so diligent and such a blessing. And Faye is going to have a wonderful shower. You are a great sister and a great friend. I just love you to pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I am looking forward to your posts. I, too, have thought about doing word studies on words like "father" "mother" and "parent." This should be great! I will definitely be following you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails