Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Projects: 2010

Last year, in July, I posted a list of projects that I wanted to complete before the end of the year.  I then went back over my list to see what I had been able to finish and what was left to do.  I thought I would make it a tradition to have a year end project list to give me something to work towards at the end of the year. 

I want my list to 1) give me some momentum as we rush towards the end of the year and the Christmas season 2) motivate me to finish up some projects that I have lost the desire to complete in the middle of the year, and 3) encourages you to make a list for yourself.   

There is one condition as we work on our lists.  We cannot go into our list thinking "It's okay if I don't finish or reach my goal."  Although this is a no-stress project list, we need to set goals for ourselves so that we have a sense of accomplishment at the end.  Having a mental back door will undermine our sense of drive.  Go into this with a "go get 'um" attitude and even set a reward for yourself at the end.

  • Complete my December Daily scrapbook (more to come on this in the next few months.  It is a yearly project inspired by Ali Edwards)
  • Have a garage sale
  • Empty out attic
  • Clean out garage and keep only the necessary
  • Complete at least 10 scrapbook layouts based on older photos
  • Complete at least 10 scrapbook layouts based on current photos
  • Complete two crocheted hats
  • Complete two crocheted market bags
  • Create my family/friends Christmas lists and plan purchases and when to send them
  • Complete all partially completed scrapbook layouts
If you decide to make a list for yourself, I would love to hear about it.  Leave a comment or post a link in the comments to your blog so we can see your list and encourage you to finish the race to your finish line.

As I did last year, I will be posting updates as items on my list are completed and giving a year end update to see how much of my list was completed.  I think I will also be doing a list in January.  Start thinking now of some things you would like to accomplish in the new year.

Happy list making!

2 comments:

  1. HI! Just wanted to stop by and see how you're doing! :) Thanks for stopping by this morning! Hope everything is great! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails