Monday, May 9, 2011

Big Book of Family Fun

This post does contain affiliate posts.

As I was planning out Addie's lessons plans on Saturday, I came across a book I had on the shelf called The Big Book of Family Fun by Claudia Arp and Linda Dillow.  I began looking through it and read just about every idea in it. 

The sections covered in this book are:
  • Fun in the Sun
  • Indoor Boredom Busters
  • Whistle WHile You Work
  • Crafty Kids
  • Creative Recycling
  • School Days
  • Family Togetherness
  • Sick Days
  • Getting to Know Me
  • Kitchen Capers
  • Holiday Helpers
  • Traveling Fun
  • Party Time
  • Special Kids, Special Times
  • Just You and Me Times
  • Fun to Fill the GAp (or Long Distance Bridge Builders)
  • Best Fun from PEP Groups for Moms
  • A Look Back
  • Resources
Because I was looking through it for a few academic ideas as well, these tips really jumped out at me:

Preschool  Challenge- A preschooler may learn (but, believe me, is not limited to)...
  • Child and parents' full names
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • ABCs
  • Basic numbers
  • Colors
We still need to work on parents' full names (when asked if I had a name once, Addie said "No, her name is Mommy"), our address, and phone number.  These are a great place to start if you aren't sure where to begin.

They also recommended the following books for preschoolers (ages 2-5):


The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes Gift Edition




  • The Muffin Family Series series (Harvest House)





  • All the Arch Books (Concordia)





  • He Is My Shepherd: The 23rd Psalm for Children by David and Helen Haidle (Multi-nomah)





  • Little Visits With God by Johsmann and Simon (Concordia)



  • For those of you with preschoolers (like me), I hope you find these titles helpful.
    On Wednesday, I'll be giving you an update on our school time and our progress.  We have had an exciting school year, and I can't wait to share what we are currently doing and what we are looking forward to woking on in the next year.





    1 comment:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails