Thursday, August 18, 2011

Operation: Room Transfer

Operation Room Transfer is fully underway over here.  Yesterday, my day was spent making Addie's new room somewhat livable, clearing out toys, and placing things where they would be the most functional.  I also worked on emptying our bookcase and desk so that when Brian's friend came over, there would not be as much for them to do. 

When Brian came home from work, he climbed into the attic and crawled around pulling cable and telephone wires across to the rooms that need them and removing them from the rooms that don't. 

Our office furniture is now in place in Addie's old room, all of the items from the desk and bookshelf are spread across our living room and dining room, Addie's room was slightly rearranged by the guys while they were moving the large, heavy furniture around and had to use her room in the process, and Ian's room needs a good vacuuming and some carpet scrubbing in addition to the crib being reassembled and the room actually being made his. 

We finally called it a night around 12:30 a.m., and I have my work cut out for me today.  The only "normal" chores I will be taking care of today will be our meals.  No laundry. No school. No specific room clean up.  Just trying to get the main part of our home back to normal. 

Needless to say, that although I had the portion of our Book Club chapter for today read, I did not have an opportunity to share my thoughts on it.  I hope to have a post up tomorrow, but I cannot garuntee that will happen.  Hope you have a fantastic Thursday and if I don't see you on Friday, have a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails