Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Life Lessons | Proverbs 31:16


"She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard."

Before I even begin this post, let me preface it by saying that I have a brown thumb! My mother and mother-in-love are the ones with green thumbs.  This is definitely an area that I need to work on for myself.
I have always wanted to start a garden, and every year in the spring I intend to. I begin with seeds, they sprout and then it's all down hill from there.  I know that I need to put in the time and effort that a garden requires, and the problem with my garden has nothing to do with the poor soil, drainage, and heat.  It's me and my lack of commitment to making it work. (I hate being sweaty and dirty- I'm sure I could write out a whole laundry list of "reasons" why I don't/can't garden, but they would really be excuses)
Without making any promises, I want to make an attempt to grow a few vegetables this coming spring. Of course, I will need to do my part by studying up on what grows best in our area, when the best time for planting is, and what I need to do to insure success for my plants. I always get inspired by Martha Stewart and other magazines that I receive. This year, I need to put actions to my ideas.
If I remember to ask the Master Gardener for help, I know He will. He can do the impossible, but I have to do the possible. When Jesus raised Jairus' daughter from the dead, He told the parents to feed her. Jesus had done the impossible, raising their little girl from the dead. He expected them to do the possible- feed her. I will do the possible. I will attempt a garden. God will do the impossible- He will help it grow.
Memorize Proverbs 31:16

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails