Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Charts, and Lists, and Plans.... Oh MY!

January just feels like the natural point every year to begin new things, change our ways of doing what we already do, and organize everything in sight. If you are anything like me, you tend to bite off more than you can chew in any given project and regret it later. But because of a sense of needing-to-finish-what-I-start, I plug away half heartedly to complete the task and, often, I am not pleased with the result.

I recently joined Pintrest (follow me here) and found a couple of great lists for organizing the home over the entire year (no big bites for me, just little nibbles! I can so totally do this!) Because these are so wonderful and are such a great help to me, I want to share them with you as well.

Beth from My Simpler Life offers a great calendar that gives you one item to declutter in your home each day of the entire year. Yesterday, I tackled the decor on my cabinet and dusted the top of the cabinets. In years past, I would have tackled the entire kitchen, and then I would have been frustrated the moment it was time to cook dinner in my sparkling, spotless, magazine-like kitchen! I love how broken up this calendar is when it comes to actual tasks to be accomplished.

I also found Home Storage Solutions: 52 weeks to an Organized Home. This site offers a weekly organizational challenge. This week is the kitchen counter tops. They offer what the challenge is and then explain the reason behind the challenge and its importance to a well run home.

I had already written out an organization checklist for myself, but I decided to forgo my list and jump on board with these instead. My main focus list is the calendar, but I am taking tips and ideas from the challenge.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to declutter the top shelf of one of my cabinets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails