Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Life Lessons | Proverbs 31:17

"She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms."

The woman of excellence mentioned here girds herself with strength. What does that mean? From my understanding, that deals with the legs, arms, and core. She sounds like a woman who was in excellent shape- not necessarily in appearance- but someone who did not tire easily when doing a physically demanding job. Now, generally speaking, people who are in great physical shape tend to not tire easily, so they kind of go together.

She also strengthens her arms- weights! I have two personalized little weights- one is 32 lbs. and the other is about 14 lbs. of lovable squish. Is this one reason our woman of excellence strengthens her arms? Have you ever noticed that mothers can hold their children for longer periods of time than anyone else can? Is it because we are strengthening our arms on a daily basis every time we gather our little one into our arms? I have also found that I am able to carry huge loads of groceries into the house at one time, where at one time (before I had children), I would not have been able to do that.

Okay, this verse for me ties into verse 15. When I manage to get up early (I'll be honest- I haven't been consistent here), I do a 23 minute walking exercise program (thank God for Free Exercise On Demand!!). The instructor has everyone use weights to help strengthen the arms and core muscles and the walking- obviously- strengthens the leg muscles. I really enjoy this exercise program, and I have the added benefit of knowing that I am becoming more like the woman of excellence by doing this.

Memorize Proverbs 31:17

1 comment:

  1. What a great post for the New Year, especially when everyone is thinking about how to get back in shape and strengthen their body! Awesome job suzette! I can't believe Ian is 14lbs already...go Ian go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails