Monday, January 2, 2012

Photo Update

Our last week of 2011 was spent well with each other.  Of course, our children continue to entertain us and amaze us.

Ian is growing very quickly.  He can hold his head up on his own, which means the "command center" (exer-saucer) will be coming down from the attic when the Christmas decorations go up. He is very mobile and has great hand-eye coordination.  He really gets a kick out of hitting the hanging toys on his baby gym.


Addie wasn't feeling too "hot" one morning (I think it had to do with being out and about more than normal). We pulled out a TV table, her crayons, and a coloring book. The next thing I knew, she had burst into song at the top of her lungs. (photo quality isn't that great since it was taken from my cell phone)


Addie's Christmas Eve morning present was a Webkins puppy that I had bought a loooong time ago at 80% off (I then wrapped it and kept it up in the closet). We went onto the Webkins site and she has been loving taking care of her little dog that we named Fluffy. She also has a cat named Striped that I had gotten her when she was 2 months old (they were free with a $20 purchase at a local store). She has played with the cat ever since but we activated the account when we activated Fluffy. This is one of our "things" we do together since she can't do it on her own yet.


Warning: Photos are louder than they appear! This is how a Florida baby reacts to having to dress in a jacket. My sweet boy.


As I was walking through the living room the other day, this is what I found. Sigh..... need I say more?


Perkins has always been our "spot". The hostesses all know us. We went there while we were dating. Our rehearsal dinner was here. This was our spot during our early years of marriage. They watched my belly grow for both pregnancies. And they have now seen our two little ones. We decided that since I had done so much cleaning in the house on Friday to prepare for our guests on New Year's Eve, we would go out for dinner. Another sigh.......


 On Saturday evening, New Year's Eve, we had a great time with family and friends. There was food galore, and I seriously do not know what I would have done without Brian's help in getting everything ready. Addie managed to stay awake through midnight and had a great time, especially since she was surrounded by her favorite people (we wished Grandma and Pops could have stayed longer)!


My sister Faye and her husband stayed the night with us. It is becoming a tradition. At one point, Faye asked Addie a series of relational questions:
"Your mommy is my....?"
"Sister!"
"Grandpa You Beat is Mommy's.....?"
"Father!"
"Grandma is Daddy's.....?"
"Mother!"
"I am your....?"
"Friend!"
I think it's a pretty accurate answer.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails