Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Growing

He is such a big boy, my little Ian man is. He had his 6 month appointment on Monday, and he did an excellent job at topping the charts.

Weight: 18.5 pounds (75%)  Surprised me. I was expecting him to be heavier.

Length: 26 inches (90+%) When the doctor showed me the chart on her computer, his little dot wasn't even on the lines of the growth curves! That explains why we are moving into 9 month sized clothes when we just turned 6 months.

Head: 17.5 inches around (50%)

He received 1 oral vaccine and 3 shots. I thank God for my aunt Elsa. She held him while he was getting the shots and screaming his little heart out and then whisked him away right after to calm him down while I made our next appointment.

Yesterday was pretty rough. If he reacts to the vaccines, it is usually a few hours after he gets them. However, Monday night into Tuesday when I went to check on him, he had a fever of 100*. I knew his body was fighting back against he vaccines (which is their purpose to begin with), but I didn't want his fever to get any worse while we were sleeping, so I gave him some baby Tylenol (actually, the generic equivalent since the Tylenol brand is off of store shelves currently due to some issues at the storage facility.... our pharmasist explained it to me).

I could tell Ian was uncomforable for most of the day since my generally happy-go-lucky boy who only fusses when he is really hungry fussed quite a bit and was slightly feverish.

I guess I'll be going through his drawers this week to weed out another group of clothes that no longer fit.

And hopefully he feels better today because he is getting his first real haircut from someone who knows what she's doing..... our Aunty Katrina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails