Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Because I'm Their Mother...


Because I'm their mother I know them better than any one else does.

I know their quirks.
I know their language.
I know their abilities.
I know their limitations.

Because I'm their mother I have certain standards that I expect them to live up to.

I feel proud when they live up to my expectations in my presence.
I feel proud when they live up to my expectations when I am not paying attention.
I feel proud when they live up to my expectations when I am not around and I am told by someone else.

Because I am their mother they are not an inconvenience.

I do not look forward to nap time because I can get away from them.
I do not look for ways to pass them off to someone else.
I do not like when others speak of them as if they are an inconvenience.

Because I am their mother I understand them.

I understand what they are saying- even if it makes no sense to anyone else.
I understand why meltdowns happen.
I understand that they are not perfect.

Because I am their mother I love them in a way that no one else can.

I gladly wake up in the middle of the night to feed one or give a glass of water to the other.
I gladly talk about my pets and life when I was a little girl.... for the one millionth time.
I gladly give up my wants to let someone crawl all over me or play princess dominoes.

Because I am their mother, their future is important to me.

I pray for them daily.
I pray for their future spouses.
I spend the time to teach them God's Word in a language they understand.

Because I am their mother, I get to celebrate Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails