Monday, July 9, 2012

Ian's 9 Month Update


The above photo was taken on our day trip to Sea World on Friday. He was obviously whipped from our fun day in the hot Florida sun and heat. Ian's attention span is quite extensive for a 9 month old. Addie's was too for that matter. He enjoyed the shows that we saw, and stood up in my lap or Brian's lap so he could see the "stage" area. He bounced to the music and clapped when he got really excited. He was more entertaining to me than the shows were!

His doctor's appointment was last Monday. He weighed in at 20 pounds and a few ounces (38%). I didn't hear the ounces because I was stuck on the fact that he was only 20 pounds! I was sure he weighed much more, but because he is now speed crawling, standing and scooting along the furniture, he is burning off his calories faster than if he was just sitting watching life go by him.

He is 29 1/2 inches long (83%), so his weight is also being spread out more evenly across his frame. His head is 18 inches around (50%) so he is growing well.

He has been cleared to eat almost everything. Our doctor said to feed him everything we eat, except for honey, peanuts, and peanut butter. Those restrictions are due to the allergy risks that they pose, especially for children under one.

On the 4th of July he enjoyed baked beans. At other times he has had and loved broccoli casserole, cheeseburger pie, and hamburger soup (everything has been mashed or blended for him). He is a champ with cookies, crackers, and good old Cheerios!

He continues to nurse about 4 times a day and once in the middle of the night. As Brian and I were talking the other day, it dawned on me that my year of nursing Ian is almost over. Instead of feeling relieved, I was saddened. I have so much enjoyed having this time with my son. It has not been inconvenient at all. It is actually nice knowing there is one thing that only I can do for him.

My boy is growing. Before we know it, he will be a year old. This first year with babies goes by way too fast..... reminds me of Kristi's favorite quote, "The days are long, but the years are short."

1 comment:

  1. I love the updated pic and look of your blog! Nice!

    Ian...oh buddy, can you and marky please slow down...please, growing up is happening way too fast for us moms!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails