Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review | Mommy, Am I Still Your Princess?

Although I have never met them, I have grown to love Jana and Jaci, two beautiful little girls who I have met through their mother's touching stories of them. The first time we met Jana, her daddy was deployed in the book I Miss Daddy. My daughter, Addie, asked if she could play with Jana after reading her story.

In the book, Mommy, am I still your princess? Acacia Slaton does a wonderful job once again of helping parents see the emotions their children are feeling but may not be able to express through the stories of her own little girls.

In Mommy, am I still your princess?, Jana's little world has just been invaded by this new little bundle named Jaci that Mommy brought home from the hospital. Suddenly she is not the center of her mommy's life, and Jana is ready to send little Jaci back to Dr. Zach (the doctor who delivered the baby).

I love how Acacia explains to her daughter her love for both girls and the value that each one has. My favorite line in the story is, "You see, your father and I were so crazy about you that we prayed God would bless us with child number two." What a perfect way to explain to the older child why God has blessed a family again!

This book comes with a bonus story, There's a Lizard in the House!, a comical story about the day that Grandma had a lizard run into her house.

One thing I especially liked about this book was the fact that after each story, Acacia Slaton has included discussion questions. For us, it was a great way to use this book during reading and then check for comprehension.

I have really enjoyed reading Acacia Slaton's stories featuring her little girls. I look forward to reading more of them in the future, because I know that Jana and Jaci will provide her with more material for some great life stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails