Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What I love About......

........US


We fit together so well. Daddy, Mommy, Daughter, and Son. Our personalities blend so well together. Our personalities can be so opposite of each other. But we "get" each other. And we love being together as much as possible.
........US

You and me. We are such a perfect fit for each other Your strengths are my weaknesses and vice versa. Eight years and 2 babies after our wedding day, you still tell me how attracted you are to me. I feel the same way about you. Do remember all those people who told us, "Just wait until....." as if our love for each other was supposed to fizzle out because theirs did? I am more in love with you today than ever. I don't know what they were talking about.



.....ADDIE

Oh, honey! Where do I start! Your smile, love for God, life, us, and your brother cannot be matched. I love how convinced you are that you are going to marry Ian when you are old enough. You don't understand yet, but one day you will. As you explained it to me, you love Ian, and people who love each other get married like me and Daddy and Uncle Jim and Aunt Faye. I love your determination. I love your spirit. I love your zest for life (although, honey, sometimes it zaps the life out of me!). I love that you are a sports fan for Daddy's sake, even though you call the Rays the Bucs, and the Bucs the Rays. You are my favorite little girl in the whole wide world.


.....IAN

Oh, my snuggle bug. Where do I start? Your personality is starting to peek through as your independence grows. You come across as being very serious, but you have a teasing side to you. Last night you were dropping your puffs snack on the floor and laughing about it. (We had to take your puffs away from you) You are the fastest baby that can crawl. Once Daddy and I were sitting with you in the living room. We began talking, looked up and you were already going down the hallway to Sister's room. That is where you would rather be. Wherever she is. You even stand at the bathroom door and pound on it when she is inside. You are signing "more" and "all done" and "Mommy" and you wave "bye-bye." You say "Ma-ma" and "Da-da-da-da-da-da" and "Aaaaaaaa" (Addie) and "buh-buh" as you wave "bye-bye." Your smile is beautiful! In fact, your whole face smiles. I can't wait to see what it will look like when your one little top front tooth comes in all the way. Then you will have a total of 3 teeth! You eat anything and everything! Shepherd's Pie, broccoli casserole, rice and beans, mac and cheese, pasta and sauce, quiche, muffins- you name it! My good eater.

My love for my family grows day by day. As I teach my children, correct behavior, hug them when they wake up, kiss their boo-boos, make their meals, wash their laundry, vacuum under their spots at the dining room table, give them baths, play on the floor, am crawled on like a piece of playground equipment, my love for them deepens. As I plan special times for Brian and me, fix his favorite meals, spend time with him, text him during the day, call him to see how his day is going, listen as he vents about different situations he encounters in his day, encourage him as he works hard for us, my love for him deepens.

And I am rewarded throughout the day with "I love yous" and kisses and hugs and snuggles. What a reward! 

1 comment:

  1. I just loved this post Suzette. God has such a special plan for our families. What an awesome way he has knitted our hearts and lives together. The miracle of our children and the love of our spouse is such an incredible gift. It cannot be matched.

    *I love the part where you tell Addie it sometimes zaps the life right out of you...oh yes honey, I know that feeling well!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails